Coastal Management Grants
The Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) administers WCMP Grants in collaboration with the Wisconsin Coastal Management Council (WCMC) and the Office for Coastal Management (OCM), U.S. Department of Commerce, through funding provided under the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972.
Approximately $1.5 million of WCMP Grants will be available for:
- Coastal wetland protection and habitat restoration
- Nonpoint source pollution control
- Coastal resource and community planning
- Great Lakes education
- Public access and historic preservation projects
2019-2020 Application Materials
The following materials are needed to apply for a 2019-2020 WCMP grant. Please read all materials carefully.
Applications are due Friday, November 2, 2018. Contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Cover Memo and Workshop Schedule (PDF)
- Request for Proposal (PDF)
- Detailed Applications Instructions, includes REQUIRED certification forms for all applications (PDF)
- Grant Application Form (Word)
Applicants are highly encouraged to discuss proposals with staff prior to the due date.
2019-2020 Applicant Information
The Wisconsin Coastal Management Council Project Selection Committee will meet in January 2019 to hear grant applicants' presentations and develop funding recommendations for the 2019-2020 grant cycle. The funding recommendations will be approved by the Coastal Management Council at the February 2019 meeting. The Department of Administration Secretary will make the final funding decisions.
Important dates to remember:
- Grant Workshops: August-September 2018
- Tuesday, August 21, 1:30 pm: Port of Milwaukee, 2323 S. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee
- Thursday, August 23, 1:30 pm: Neville Public Museum, 210 Museum Place, Green Bay
- Tuesday, September 4, 1:30 pm: Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 County Highway G, Ashland
- Application Deadline: November 2, 2018
- Project Review Committee: January 2019
- WCMC Meeting: February 2019
- Projects Selected: March 2019
- Projects Begin: July 1, 2019*
- Project Completion: June 30, 2020
*Project start date of July 1 is not guaranteed for projects requiring additional approval.
Contact staff for more information.
Required Forms & Reporting
*Current grant recipients only*
Grantees are required to submit progress reports (quarterly), final reports, and invoices using Program supplied templates. Please contact Lauren Leckwee (email@example.com) or your assigned grant manager if you have not received one of these templates.
Regarding Performance Measures, the WCMP, as terms of continuing federal grant funding, is required to submit numbers for defined areas in:
- Public Access - Sites created or enhanced
- Coastal Habitat - # of Acres restored
- Training Events - all related events in any category
- Coastal Dependent Uses & Community - developed or implemented plans, policies, ordinances
- Government Coordination & Decision Making (Program only)
The numbers generated by activities in these areas must be reported for the fiscal year in which they occurred. For example, an activity occurring between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 must be reported to WCMP by June 30, 2019 regardless of extension status.
- Quarterly Reports: September 30, December 30, March 30, June 30 for the duration
- Final Report: No later than 60 days after the end of the grant period
Questions, comments, or concerns regarding the required reporting should be directed to the Federal Reporting Coordinator here.