Coastal Management Grants
The Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) administers WCMP Grants in collaboration with the Wisconsin Coastal Management Council (WCMC) and the Office for Coastal Management (OCM), U.S. Department of Commerce, through funding provided under the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972.
Approximately $1.5 million of WCMP Grants will be available for:
- Coastal wetland protection and habitat restoration
- Nonpoint source pollution control
- Coastal resource and community planning
- Great Lakes education
- Public access and historic preservation projects
2023-2024 Application Materials *Now Available*
*2024-2025 Request for Proposals Announced August 2023*
The following materials are needed to apply for a 2023-2024 WCMP grant. Please read all materials carefully.
Applications are due Friday, November 4, 2022. Contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Cover Memo (PDF)
- Request for Proposal (PDF)
- Detailed Applications Instructions, includes REQUIRED certification forms for all applications (PDF)
- Grant Application Form (Word) *Final submission must be in Word format*
Applicants do not need to mail any hard copies to WCMP. Applications are due November 4, 2022.
Applicants are highly encouraged to discuss proposals with staff prior to the due date.
2022-2023 Applicant Information
The Wisconsin Coastal Management Council Project Selection Committee will meet in January 2023 to hear grant applicants' presentations and develop funding recommendations for the 2023-2024 grant cycle. The funding recommendations will be approved by the Coastal Management Council at the February 2023 meeting. The Department of Administration Secretary will make the final funding decisions.
Important dates to remember:
- Grant Workshop *Virtual* September 30, 2022 from 12:30-2:30pm. Registration not required.
Or call in (audio only)
+1 608-571-2209,,372779840# United States, Madison
Phone Conference ID: 372 779 840#
- Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
- Project Review Committee: January 2023
- WCMC Meeting: February 2023
- Projects Selected: March 2023
- Projects Begin: July 1, 2023*
- Project Completion: June 30, 2024
*Project start date of July 1 is not guaranteed for projects requiring additional approval.
Contact staff for more information.
Grant Workshop Webinar
All new and returning applicants are encouraged to watch this grant workshop webinar. The webinar includes information on the coastal program and on the expectations of successful applicants. Click the image below to launch the webinar.
Download the Webinar PDF.
Required Forms & Reporting
*Current grant recipients only*
Grantees are required to submit progress reports (quarterly), final reports, and invoices using Program supplied templates. Please contact Lauren Leckwee (email@example.com) or your assigned grant manager if you have not received one of these templates.
Regarding Performance Measures, the WCMP, as terms of continuing federal grant funding, is required to submit numbers for defined areas in:
- Public Access - Sites created or enhanced
- Coastal Habitat - # of Acres restored
- Training Events - all related events in any category
- Coastal Dependent Uses & Community - developed or implemented plans, policies, ordinances
- Government Coordination & Decision Making (Program only)
The numbers generated by activities in these areas must be reported for the fiscal year in which they occurred. For example, an activity occurring between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 must be reported to WCMP by June 30, 2022 regardless of extension status.
- Quarterly Reports: September 30, December 30, March 30, June 30 for the duration
- Final Report: No later than 60 days after the end of the grant period
- 60 day grace period does not apply to projects that have received an extension. Materials due by the given deadline for extended grants.
Questions, comments, or concerns regarding the required reporting should be directed to the Federal Reporting Coordinator here.