State Vehicle Drivers

All drivers must sign a Vehicle Use Agreement (VUA) and submit the completed VUA prior to operating a state vehicle.  Before driving a state vehicle, each driver must become thoroughly familiar with the Preface and Chapter One of the Fleet Driver and Management Policies and Procedures Manual
The VUA is an agreement electronically signed by a driver of state vehicles acknowledging they have reviewed state driver policies, are eligible to operate a state vehicle, agree to inform their supervisor of a change in eligibility and agree to a monthly check of their driving status.
Sign in to the Fleet Portal to complete your VUA.  It only takes a few minutes and then you will be eligible to drive a state vehicle.

Reserve a Vehicle from Central Fleet

Reserve a Central Fleet vehicle by signing in to the Fleet Portal and clicking on the “Reservation” button.

Central Fleet is located at 1704 South Park Street in Madison.  It is open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, during which time cars are available to be picked up.  When drivers arrive at the Central Fleet office, all they will need to provide is their driver’s license.  There are parking spots available for customers to park their personal vehicles in the designated areas.

Upon returning to the Central Fleet offices, park the vehicle outside the garage in the designated area.  Fill in the final odometer mileage on the vehicle requisition form.  Please return with a full fuel tank.  Clean out personal belongings and return the keys and vehicle requisition slip to Fleet staff.

If you are returning a car after hours, park the vehicle outside the garage in the designated area. Fill in the final odometer mileage on the vehicle requisition form. Clean out personal belongings and lock the car. Drop keys and completed requisition slip in the drop box outside the Central Fleet offices.

Lease a Vehicle from Central Fleet

Agencies leasing vehicles from Central Fleet can report their mileage by signing in to the Fleet Portal and clicking on the “Report Mileage” button.

​Vehicle Emergencies and Roadside Assistance

In the event of an emergency, get to safety. If the vehicle is in traffic, or someone is injured, call 911 or emergency authorities.

If you are driving a state agency vehicle, your first resource for Emergency, Non-Emergency, and Roadside Assistance is Holman.  They can be reached at 1-833-WISC-FIX (833-947-2349).  You’ll need your fleet number or vehicle identification number (VIN) and Client Number (DOA-5C23).  The fleet number can be found on the key pouch or the sticker on the back bumper of the car.  The Vehicle’s VIN number can typically be viewed from outside the car on the driver’s side​, where the windshield meets the dashboard.

If there is an accident, contact the nearest law enforcement agency to report the accident, and they will determine if the accident is reportable.  Also, obtain pertinent information from other parties involved.  Contact your supervisor and fleet manager to report this accident as soon as possible.

If there is serious bodily injury, contact the Bureau of State Risk Management at 608-267-7395.  If it is after hours or on the weekend, call and leave a voice mail message with your name and number where you can be reached.

Complete an Incident Report (DOA-649​6) on the day of the incident (within 24 hours), which can be found in the glove box.  It is recommended that you complete the form at the accident site to ensure the most accurate information.  It is extremely important that the information is correct and all of the blanks are filled in, including the proper signatures.​