Skip to main content

Facilities Information Center (fmic)

Contact Us

7:30am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday

(608) 266-1485

After Hours
Capitol Police emergency dispatch:

The Facilities Information Center (FMIC) provides centralized support for the Division of Facilities Management. Specifically, the Information Center provides a central clearinghouse for obtaining information about the 31 state facilities managed by the Department of Administration, for agency tenant representatives to request maintenance and space design services, and for the general public to book tours of the State Capitol.

Facilities Service Requests
All other requests for building services should be made through the facilities request form that can be found (login required).  An Identity and Access Management (IAM) user name and password issued by the DOA Division of Enterprise Technology is required to access the form

Tenant Representatives List
State agencies that occupy our facilities have designated one or more employees in each facility to act as Tenant Representatives.  Tenant Representatives are authorized to submit web-based maintenance and space design services requests on behalf of their coworkers. 

Routine Maintenance
Includes custodial and grounds keeping services, preventative maintenance work, and corrective maintenance when a building component fails to function as designed.  These services are completed at no charge. 

Billiable Maintenance Services
Work that alters or modifies facility space to better accommodate tenant agency programs, and for maintaining equipment that benefit the tenant agency exclusively, is offered for an additional charge.  Here are some examples of maintenance services that are billed back to agencies requesting such services.  In addition to the cost of any materials and supplies used in completing a billable service request, the requesting agency is charged for maintenance labor at the following published labor charge-back rates.

Key Requests
The Key Record card and facilities service request must be completed and signed by an authorized tenant representative.  The key record card may be obtained by the building manager.  This form is not available in electronic format.