The Mail Transportation Services Unit (or Inter-D) is part of the Bureau of Enterprise Fleet and offers several services to State government agencies located in Madison. The Inter-D Mail Unit sorts incoming USPS and State agency Inter-D mail and distributes to those agencies throughout the city. The Inter-D Mail unit and the UW-Madison programs interface for the transfer of mail and materials between the two entities. The University of Wisconsin-Madison is a separate organization and maintains their own Inter-D mail unit, servicing most UW-Madison facilities. The Inter-D system also connects with the following systems to provide a wide network of hard copy communications and material transfers:
- UW Hospital and Clinics via UW-Madison
- City of Madison/Dane County government - See "City of Madison and Dane County Locations"
- South Central Library System
- State Office Building in Milwaukee at 819 N 6th St., via Department of Transportation
- Central Wisconsin Center for the Developmentally Disabled at 317 Knutson Drive, via Department of Health Services
- Mendota Mental Health Institute at 301 Troy Drive, via Department of Health Services
If you have questions about suspicious mail or packages contact the State Capital Police or UW-Madison Police.
Locations Serviced by the Mail Transportation Services (Inter-D) Unit
Mail Transportation Services (Inter-D)
Mailroom: 608-224-5168 • Supervisor:608-224-5031